The BOURNE Legacy: a review



Who wasn't got excited from the Philippines seeing this movie? I hope there's none. It is a much awaited movie in the Philippines, since it has Filipino casts in it and not to mention that more than half of the movie scenes were shot in Manila! Yes I got excited to watch this movie too.

The Bourne Legacy is the fourth installment of Bourne movie series which previously lead by Matt Damon as the main character for the first three films. But here, Jeremy Renner played the role of Aaron Cross, a member of Operation Outcome, one of the Department of Defense's black operations programs which provides its agents with green pills that enhance physical abilities and blue pills that enhance mental abilities. Like the previous three films in the franchise, it has a completely different plot from the eponymous novels.

The action and chasing scenes were still there but I find it a little more lacking of big thrilling scenes that will freeze you while you watch it. Cinematography wise, I am sorry to offend our country, but It really didn't help the movie at all. Most shots from the chasing scenes in the Philippines was quickly moving one shot after another and it really did give me a headache. Plus of course, the rubbish side of Manila was all over. Or maybe the director and camera crew had something to do with the quality of the shots they took and how it was edited.

As you know, there is still a patriotic appeal that Manila and Philippines were told in the movie many times and it made me feel so proud. I can say that the climax of the story was all about the chase happened in Manila, Philippines. During the movie I was hoping that they would show a beautiful part of our country, like a tourism spot elsewhere and it didn't disappoint me. The last scene was escaping from Manila through a big motor boat going through a breathtaking sea with islands of small mountains in the Philippines. Well, actually I don't exactly know the place but I suspect somewhere north probably hundred islands.

Anyway, the movie is just as nice but I think, it did not exceed the greatness of Jason Bourne movies.

I give 3 STARS to this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AVATAR, a synopsis

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES, a review

LEGION MOVIE, a review