Maybe A Tedious Weekend




I always look forward on weekends, it is the time to grab a popcorn, sit on a soft cushioned chair to watch a motion picture and get entertained. Indeed the phrase, "Relax. See a movie." works for me. Watching a movie transpose me to a world seemingly far from reality. I tend to forget 3 things: myself, time and problems (if there is at the moment! *smirk*). Watching movies in cinemas is my avocation which I think will never end even if I get old.
I checked the movies that opened this week, and it's mostly local. I don't mean to offend the patrons of local movies as well as the film industry in the Philippines, but most of them doesn't worth a penny. I watch Filipino movies only once in a blue moon, during MMFF coz I don't have a choice at all. Foreign movies are not allowed to be shown on the 1st two weeks i think. I am really sorry, the quality of the stories of local movies today has been compromised by the doting of the audience for love stories. It is annoying that the story lines are vernacular and the plot happens over and over again, same with the comedy films. A rich man meets a poor woman ( or the reverse ) who will fight for their love against all odds. Don't you think it's boring? Can't we have more creative writers? Or movie producers taking a risk of investing on films that require a big budget? It really is a big quandary in the local movie industry. They must fix themselves first if they want to be patronized. So much of the rebuke, let's take a look on the weekend movie offerings.
There are only 3 foreign films opened for this week: The Possession, Katy Perry: Part Of Me, and The Campaign. All I can do is to sigh, thinking which will be the best pick for the weekend. I don't like Katy Perry, but I don't hate her. I'm not just fond of "diary films". It will boil down between the two extremes, a comedy film and a horror film. I haven't watch either of its kind for a long time so it will just be a toss between the two. Regardless of which movie we decide to settle, I just hope it will be of quality in the sense. For movie listings this weekend, click here.
Well, I wish you all have an entertaining yet relaxing weekend ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AVATAR, a synopsis

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES, a review

LEGION MOVIE, a review